Change outlook theme
By default, Outlook has the same theme for everyone. The outlook appearance is same for all the outlook users. Outlook has a package of 12 standard themes and 6 dynamic themes. Some of the themes can be switched to on-the-fly from the Options menu. It is to be kept in mind that outlook themes do not change the functionality of your outlook account. The appearance of buttons and icons will also remain the same. Changing theme is just making the account a little more personalize; nothing else! In this piece of article, we will learn about how to change the theme for your outlook.
Switching to another outlook theme
The easiest and quickest way to change Outlook theme is to click on the Options menu in the middle top right of the screen. Here look at the simple steps for doing it:
- First of all, log in to your outlook account.
- Locate the ‘options Menu’ at the right top corner.
- Click on the ‘options menu’.
- Now as you move your cursor over the themes shown to you to see the preview of those themes on your screen.
- Select the theme you like and confirm your choice by clicking ‘save’.
Theme picking tip
As, the latest version of the outlook uses low contrast and pastel tones, you will be astonished at how much vivacity and substance a dark-coloured theme can bring to the screen. The ‘carbon’ and the ‘moonlight’ theme are good for a trendy look.
Delete a folder in outlook
Outlook lets you to delete any mail folder that you have created. But, you cannot delete outlook five standard folders that are provided by the outlook by default. These folders neither be deleted nor be renamed.
Before going to delete any outlook folder keep in mind that once you have deleted the folder you can restore it. You can also empty a folder without deleting it. Same goes for the ‘rename’ too.
Deleting outlook folder
The Windows Live team has removed the ability to delete email folders through a right-click menu; the process now takes a bit longer. The deletion process of a outlook folder requires these simple steps:
- Login to your outlook account first.
- Once, you are inside your outlook inbox, move your mouse cursor to the ‘folders’ section which is at the left pane.
- Now, click on the ‘manage folder’ from the menu.
- Windows Live outlook will now redirect you to a screen where all your email folders are listed, both the standard folders (Inbox, Junk, Drafts, Sent, and Deleted), as well as any custom folders you have created yourself.
- Now, locate the email folder that you want to delete. Then select its respective check box.
- Now, click on the option ‘delete’. outlook will ask you for a final confirmation before deleting the folder forever. The message will look like this: Are you sure you want to delete this folder? Any mail in this folder will be moved to the Deleted items folder.
- If you do not want to delete it, then click ‘cancel’, otherwise click ‘ok’ to confirm the deletion of the folder.
Again, it is to be noted that emails contained in that folder are not permanently deleted. You can go inside the Deleted items folder, and restore them to another folder of your choice.